A Brief round up
- You can park in the town centre streets for up to 30 minutes for free
- You can park for one hour in the Co-Op car park for free, or pay £1 for a second hour.
- The Underfleet (Private) car park is probably the cheapest place to park if coming for a day (£3 for 8 hours). It is just up the slope from the Co-Op car park entrance. Be warned it is monitored by a camera so do not enter unless you can see a space to park!
- You can park for free after 6 pm on the Esplanade (sea front) or in the Orchard car park (the latter is pitch black at night - be warned!).
- At most of the car parks you can pay by phone or card - it is suggested you pay in cash and so get a receipt from the machine (ticket).
- "Blue Badge" parking is charged in all areas
The road down from "Fisherman's Gap" and so outside The Vault and Hook And Parrot pubs which was popular for "Blue Badge" parking is now closed and has an estimated re-opening date of 4th April 2022. (Correct October 2020)